Please read these terms & conditions before you register for a course. If anything is not clear, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Liverpool English Centre Terms & Conditions are binding on all students, regardless of whether you have booked directly or through an educational consultant.
- You do not require a visa to enter the UK. You will be able to work while you are in the UK.
Non EU Students
- If you are not from the EU, you will probably need a visa to enter the UK. Full information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
- have valid reasons for studying English in the UK (e.g., to go on to university or for your future career) We will ask you about these reasons at the stage of application.
- Study only on the course on which you are booked, and have excellent attendance.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct visa type and appropriate permission to be in the UK. You will need to bring your passport and visa with you on the first day of your course in order to enrol. If you do not have the correct visa, your course will be terminated and fees will not be refunded.
- The minimum age at Liverpool English Centre is 18 years. There is no maximum age limit.
Applicants with Disabilities or Special Needs
- If you have any physical or special educational needs (e.g. dyslexia), we request that you tell us when booking a course so that we can advise you on the suitability of the course and any reasonable additional support we may be able to offer.
How to apply
- You can either book directly with the School (by emailing study@liverpoolenglishcentre) or through a Liverpool English Centre representative in your country. When we receive your email, we will send you an invoice. You can also apply via PeerTransfer.
- Send us your details and bring your passport to Liverpool English Centre. If you are applying for an exam preparation course, bring proof of your previous exam results.
- A place at Liverpool English Centre is guaranteed once we have received your details, including your passport, and your deposit or full payment. We will then send you a letter and receipt by email confirming your booking. If you require these documents to be posted to you, please inform the School.
- Course fees must be paid in full before the course start date.
- A minimum 50% deposit is payable before the course begins. The remainder is payable on the course start date.
- Fee payment arrangements are detailed in your contract which will be issued upon receipt of full course fee payment. Fees can be paid via an online bank transfer, by credit / debit card or via You can also apply via PeerTransfer.
- If we cannot accept your booking, we will offer you an alternative or refund your course fees.
Course changes before starting your course
- Major course changes (reducing hours / weeks) cannot be made after your acceptance.
- The company reserves the right to charge an administration fee each time course details are changed after a place has been confirmed.
- If you want to change / postpone the dates you have booked, we must receive written notice at least 3 weeks before you are due to begin.
Course changes after starting your course
- Once a course has started, no refunds may be made.
- If you decide to stop your course for any reason, you may be issued a course credit for the period of study lost, which is valid for six months from the date of departure. This course credit can only be used by you.
- Liverpool English Centre only offers accommodation assistance through agencies and external companies. Liverpool English Centre does not own its own accommodation.
- Liverpool English Centre will always pay the money for your accommodation directly to the agency or landlord. You should therefore check the terms and conditions carefully before paying a deposit.
- Liverpool English Centre is not liable for refunding your accommodation costs. We can, however, assist you in understanding the contract and can help mitigate should you be unhappy with the services you receive from the accommodation provider.
- The company reserves the right to change details of its services, including courses, facilities, accommodation and course dates, where circumstances beyond the company’s control necessitate such changes or where the number of enrolments is not enough to operate a course viably.
- Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change or replace teachers at any time during the course.
Course Entry Levels
- Several courses require minimum levels of English for entry. If after the placement test, you are found to be below the minimum level required to start the course, the School reserves the right to place you in a class with fewer lessons and / or with a different curriculum.
- If you are not sure of your level of English, please contact us before booking.
- We reserve the right to determine the best course of study for any student.
- Your progress will be monitored by your teacher and you will be moved levels where appropriate.
- If you want to extend your course, please speak to the admin team as soon as possible. Courses will be extended as long as there is space available.
- Payment for extensions must be paid in full in advance.
Attendance and Lateness
- We expect all students to come to class for every lesson and arrive on time.
- Your attendance and arrival time will be logged in our system every day.
- You will not receive a leaving certificate unless you attend a minimum of 80% of your course.
- If you are absent from a lesson, regardless of the reason, we cannot give you a refund or allow you to take the lesson at some other time.
- We keep your information in electronic and paper format.
- You must inform us of any changes in these details immediately.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you accept our right to use your personal information in this way.
- We expect students to behave reasonably at all times towards other students, school staff and accommodation providers.
- We expect students to respect cultural, racial and religious differences.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the school in instance of unacceptable behaviour.
- Unacceptable behaviour includes unsatisfactory attendance or work, aggressive physical or verbal behaviour towards other students or members of staff, drug abuse, dishonesty, or deliberately causing damage to the school premises or accommodation.
- If we have to ask you to leave the school because of unacceptable behaviour, you will not be entitled to any refund of fees.
- The School expects all students to adhere to the standards and rules we set.
- Liverpool English Centre does not accept liability in the case of accident, illness, loss or damage to personal effects or property occurring on the school premises, except where such liability is imposed under UK law.
- Liverpool English Centre does not accept liability for losses or additional expenses you might incur because of cancellation or delays of your travel services.
- Liverpool English Centre is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if the failure is because of external events not under the school’s control (e.g. war, terrorist activities, natural disasters, earthquakes, hurricanes, infectious diseases, pandemics, labour dispute, failure of electricity or water supply etc.), provided the school can prove it took reasonable steps to minimise delay or damages caused by foreseeable events.
- You will have to pay for any damage you cause on the school premises or at your accommodation.
- We strongly recommend all students buy insurance to cover all risks before leaving their own country.
- The school reserves the right to change published information, including prices, lesson times and Terms & Conditions at any time.
- The school reserves the right to cancel or alter courses. In this case you will be offered an alternative course.
- The school will make every effort to ensure you can attend the course for which you booked. A course will run with the publicised number of lessons, provided there are sufficient students in the group. In the unlikely event of insufficient enrollments for a particular course, we reserve the right to arrange a reduced number of lessons or offer a course of equal value.
- The school reserves the right to change teachers at any time during a course.
- The school reserves the right to hold lessons in other premises should the need arise.
- VAT (Value Added Tax) is not charged on English tuition fees. If the UK government decides to charge VAT on tuition fees at language schools, Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change prices as necessary.
- Course Books are included in the course fees.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, teaching, accommodation, etc., then please speak to your teacher immediately. We will try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
- In the unlikely event the complaint is not resolved, you or your representative should give Liverpool English Centre a full written report of the complaint before the end of your course.
- We will investigate the complaint fully, provided it has been received before the end of your course and all invoices have been paid.
- If, after due consideration, we consider the complaint reasonable we will make an appropriate recompense (financial or otherwise).
- All disputes are handled under UK law.
General Refund Policy
- Our policy is not to provide refunds under any circumstances where a course has already been paid for in part or in full.
- Absolutely no refunds will be provided in the following scenarios:
- If fraudulent documents are submitted as part of a course application;
- If the student withdraws their own VISA application;
- If the student is expelled from Liverpool English Centre;
- If following the issuing of a VISA, the student elects not to study with us; and
- If the student provides less than one week’s notice to cancel.
- A Part Refund may be provided where the personal circumstances of a student mean that a refund is appropriate – for example, if a student needs to return to their home country because of a serious illness or a death of a Family Member. Refunds of this type are at the absolute discretion of the school and there is no appeal process.
- To request a refund:
- Fully complete the Refund Request Form. You can request this document by emailing email@example.com
- If you have booked a course at Liverpool English Centre through an agent you must first contact the agent. The agent will then contact Liverpool English Centre and go through the above process on your behalf. This rule applies even if you are in England and studying at the school.
- All requests must be signed, dated and returned to Liverpool English Centre.
- Provide evidence of a reasonable cause for cancellation before the beginning of a course. e.g. the doctor, the employer etc, on headed notepaper. A cancellation fee from the full course fee will be deducted or credits provided according to the percentage of the lessons remaining when the request for the refund / credit was made.
- After the course starts there is no refund except in exceptional cases.
- Email scanned, legible copies of any documents you wish to submit in support of your refund claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests that do not comply with our terms & conditions below will be rejected.
- This policy also applies to all Liverpool English Centre examination candidates whether individually registered or sponsored by an organisation.
- For use in another course within a six-month period. After this period the credit expires.
- If the credit note is not used no refund will be paid.
- Credits are not transferable.
- If a credit note is used for a full course fee and the course fee has increased, the student will be expected to pay the difference.
- Refunds are given in the following circumstances:
- If the Liverpool English Centre cancels a class.
- Liverpool English Centre will not be able to issue any refunds unless customers provide their correct bank account details.
- In all cases, requests should be submitted in writing with supporting documentation from
General Refund Information
- Please note:
- ‘Part Refund’: in all cases a Part Refund means that any and all administration fees will be deducted from the agreed amount to be refunded and retained by Liverpool English Centre before any refund is made.
- ‘Family Member’: a Family Member means an immediate family member.
- Where a refund has been agreed we will normally only make the refund payment to the person who originally paid;
- Refunds will only be made by cheque or bank transfer;
- Any refund requested to be made to a non-UK based account will incur international transfer fees. These transfer fees must be met by the person requesting the refund. Liverpool English Centre will not process any refund payment request unless the person requesting the refund has agreed that such transfer fees are to be deducted from refund amount agreed and incurred by the recipient account.
- Liverpool English Centre cannot be held responsible for any financial loss as the result of international currency fluctuations and all transactions will be done on the basis of Great British Pounds (GBP).
- Refunds can only be processed following receipt of all documents required in support of a refund application.
Delays to bank transfers may occur for reasons outside of our control.
- Liverpool English Centre cannot be held responsible for any funds lost as the result of poor or incomplete information supplied by the student.
- Refunds may take up to 90 days to process from receipt of all necessary documents.
Refunds are not available over 1 year after a student has paid for a course.