Liverpool English Centre holds as a high priority, the health, safety & welfare of all vulnerable learners involved in courses and activities which come under the responsibility of LEC. We believe that all students, regardless of age, disability, gender & gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religious belief and sexual orientation have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
To help safeguard our students LEC will:
- Take a preventative approach to protecting them from potential harm or damage
- Take all appropriate actions when addressing concerns regarding their welfare
- Adhere to UK Government policies & procedures while working in full partnership with local agencies
- Plan, implement, monitor and review Safeguarding & Prevent policies & procedures to ensure that the maximum is done to provide a safe environment for vulnerable learners at LEC
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure that risks of harm to them is minimised
LEC procedures include:
- Carrying out risk assessments and managing any risks effectively
- Adhering to our Health & Safety policy & procedures
- Staff selection, recruitment, induction and training to be carried out safely and thoroughly
- Reacting swiftly and decisively to any reported incidents of harm or abuse
- Awareness training for all staff
Prevent Duty & Safeguarding
LEC has a responsibility to safeguard our students, Prevent is about safeguarding our students by keeping them safe and within the law.
Prevent Duty is not about preventing students from holding political or religious views and concerns but about supporting them to use or act on those concerns in non-extremist ways.
LEC staff are offered training in Prevent Duty in order to be aware of and to recognise radical ideologies and opinions that could indicate radicalisation has taken place.
For any concerns, in the first instance contact LEC’s Designated Safeguarding Officer, Gary John, who will investigate the issues and refer them on to an appropriate person at Liverpool City Council.
Who to contact:
Gary John – Designated Safeguarding Officer
Tel: +44 (0)151 345 6706