Please read these terms & conditions before you register for a course. If anything is not clear, please contact us on email@example.com Liverpool English Centre Terms & Conditions are legally binding on all students, regardless of whether you have booked directly or through an educational consultant.
Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change prices, to cancel or change courses and to amend timetables if the need arises at any time and to make additions or amendments to these terms & conditions by notification on our website.
Enrolments should be made at least 7 days in advance of the course start date and payment must be cleared according to the payable date on the invoice.
- The minimum age at Liverpool English Centre is 16 years (Parental consent is required for students aged under 18 in written format). There is no maximum age limit.
Applicants with Disabilities or Special Needs
- If you have any mental or physical illness, allergy, disability or condition that may interfere with your ability to successfully complete your course of study, we request that you tell us when booking a course so that we can advise you on the suitability of the course and any reasonable additional support we may be able to offer.
How to Apply
- You can either apply directly on our website here: https://liverpoolenglishcentre.co.uk/apply/
- When we receive your application, we will send you an acceptance letter and an invoice.
- You must send us your details and a copy of your passport to Liverpool English Centre on your first day. If you are applying for an exam preparation course, send proof of your previous exam results.
- A place at Liverpool English Centre is guaranteed once we have received your details, including your passport, and your full payment. We will then send you a receipt by email confirming your booking and we will issue a contract on your first day. If you require these documents to be posted to you, please inform the School.
- Course fees must be paid in full before the course start date.
- Fee payment arrangements are detailed in your contract which will be issued upon receipt of full course fee payment. Fees can be paid via an online bank transfer, by credit / debit card via FlyWire
- If we cannot accept your booking, we will offer you an alternative or refund your course fees.
- Special Offers must be booked and paid for prior to the expiration date.
- The relevant special offer code must be provided at the time of booking.
- Promotion prices apply to new enrolments only.
- Existing enrolments cannot be cancelled and re-booked at the promotion price.
- Only one special offer is valid per enrolment.
- Special offers cannot be combined.
- All special offers are subject to availability and are subject to change.
*Entry / Progress tests & Course Levels
There are differences between the entry level test and course progress tests in levels of subject knowledge and difficulty and when they are delivered.
When you apply, you will take an entry level test and according to the result your level will be determined and you will be placed on a suitable course.
Courses run on a continuous enrolment cycle and therefore you may join a course at the beginning or near the end.
There is a mid-course after 75 hours and an end-of-course progress test after 150 hours from the course start dates. In order to progress to a higher level you must score 70%.
If you do not score 70% you will be required to remain in the same level.
If you do score 70% you will move up a level.
If you feel you are in the wrong level or if you fail to reach 70% on an end-of-course test you will be given an opportunity to take a level-up test at your teacher’s discretion.
Should you leave a course before the end-of-course progress test you must take an exit test to determine how much progress you have made since your course start date.
- In cases where a course is rescheduled prior to the start of the first lesson and the new time or date is unacceptable to the student, all fees will be refunded.
- Liverpool English Centre is not liable for any damage, loss, illness or injury to persons or property, however caused.
- Liverpool English Centre is not liable for any delays in scheduled services offered by third party companies.
- It is the student’s responsibility to take out personal insurance against all such risks, including inability to attend or continue on a course and for the payment of medical expenses.
Course Changes Before Starting your Course
- Course changes made after your receipt has been issued will incur a £30 administration charge.
- LEC reserves the right to charge an administration fee each time course changes are made after a place has been confirmed.
- If you want to change / postpone the dates you have booked, we must receive written notice at least 3 weeks before you are due to begin.
Course Changes After Starting your Course
- Once a course has started, no refunds may be made.
- If you decide to stop your course for any reason, you may be issued a course credit for the period of study lost, which is valid for six months from the date of departure. This course credit can only be used by you and is subject to management discretion.
- Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change details of its services, including courses, facilities, accommodation and course dates, where circumstances beyond the company’s control necessitate such changes or where the number of enrolments is not enough to operate a course viably.
- Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change course curricula or replace teachers at any time during the course.
- New course schedules may be issued upon completion of each course level.
- Any additional services (course transfers, travel, printing, telephone costs, excursions, medical costs, special diet, exam fees, change of accommodation and enrolment amendments) are not included in any fees unless specifically stated on a valid invoice.
- Medical insurance is highly recommended for the duration of your course, regardless of your course length.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate insurance cover and you may be required to show proof of medical insurance and may not be allowed to commence a course until satisfactory medical insurance has been obtained.
Course Entry Levels
- Several courses require minimum levels of English for entry. If after the placement test, you are found to be below the minimum level required to start the course, the School reserves the right to place you in a class with fewer lessons and / or with a different curriculum.
- If you are not sure of your level of English, please contact us before booking.
- We reserve the right to determine the best course of study for any student.
- Your progress will be monitored by your teacher and you will be moved levels where appropriate.
- If you want to extend your course, please speak to the reception team as soon as possible. Courses will be extended as long as there is space available.
- Payment for extensions must be paid in full in advance.
Books and Learning Materials
- All books and learning materials will be made available to students during their course.
- All students are required to use a course-book during their course of study.
- Course-books and learning ,materials are provided to all students.
Holidays, Absences and Lateness
- We expect all students to attend every lesson and star on time.
- Your attendance and start time will be logged in our system every day.
- You will not receive a leaving certificate unless you attend a minimum of 80% of your course.
- If you are absent from a lesson, regardless of the reason, we cannot give you a refund or allow you to take the lesson at some other time.
- If you begin your course late no refund will be made for the time missed.
- Classes are not held and school facilities are closed on public holidays.
- If the Monday is a public holiday, course start dates will fall on a Tuesday.
- Compensation will be offered for classes not delivered on public holidays in the form of a replacement class which will be included in your invoice .
- We keep your information in electronic and paper format.
- You must inform us of any changes in these details immediately.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you accept our right to use your personal information in this way.
- We expect students to behave reasonably at all times towards other students and school staff.
- We expect students to respect cultural, racial and religious differences.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave your course in instance of unacceptable behaviour.
- Unacceptable behaviour includes unsatisfactory attendance or work, aggressive physical or verbal behaviour towards other students or members of staff, drug abuse, dishonesty, or deliberately causing damage to the school facilities.
- If we have to ask you to leave your course because of unacceptable behaviour, you will not be entitled to any refund of fees.
- The School expects all students to adhere to the standards and rules we set.
- Liverpool English Centre does not accept liability in the case of accident, illness, loss or damage to personal effects or property occurring on the school premises, except where such liability is imposed under UK law.
- Liverpool English Centre does not accept liability for losses or additional expenses you might incur because of cancellation or delays of your services.
- Liverpool English Centre is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if the failure is because of external events not under the school’s control (e.g. war, terrorist activities, natural disasters, earthquakes, hurricanes, infectious diseases, pandemics, labour dispute, failure of electricity or water supply etc.), provided the school can prove it took reasonable steps to minimise delay or damages caused by foreseeable events.
- We strongly recommend all students buy insurance to cover all risks before starting a course at LEC.
- The school reserves the right to change published information, including prices, lesson times and Terms & Conditions at any time.
- The school reserves the right to cancel or alter courses. In this case you will be offered an alternative course.
- The school will make every effort to ensure you can attend the course for which you booked. A course will run with the publicised number of lessons, provided there are sufficient students in the group. In the unlikely event of insufficient enrolments for a particular course, we reserve the right to arrange a reduced number of lessons or offer a course of equal value.
- The school reserves the right to change teachers at any time during a course.
- The school reserves the right to hold lessons in other premises should the need arise.
- VAT (Value Added Tax) is not charged on English tuition fees. If the UK government decides to charge VAT on tuition fees at language schools, Liverpool English Centre reserves the right to change prices as necessary.
- Course Books are included in the course fees.
Photography, Filming and Sound Recording
- LEC may photograph or film video footage of students for promotional purposes, both printed and online.
- Any student who does not wish to participate should inform us at the time of booking or state at the time of the photographing or video filming that they wish not to participate.
- By accepting these terms and conditions the student gives consent to the use of these photographs or video footage without further consent or notification.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, teaching, accommodation, etc., then please speak to your teacher immediately. We will try to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
- In the unlikely event the complaint is not resolved, you or your representative should give Liverpool English Centre a full written report of the complaint before the end of your course.
- We will investigate the complaint fully, provided it has been received before the end of your course and all invoices have been paid.
- If, after due consideration, we consider the complaint reasonable we will make an appropriate recompense (financial or otherwise).
- All disputes are handled under UK law.
General Refund Policy
- Course and services cancellation refund requests must be made in writing. Failure to provide written notification may incur charges.
- If a course or service is cancelled more than 30 days before the start date, a £100 administration fee will be incurred.
- If a course or service is cancelled less than 30 days before the start date, 50% of the full course fee will be incurred.
- If a course or service is cancelled less than 7 days before the start date, no refund will be offered.
Absolutely No Refunds Will be Provided in the Following Scenarios:
If fraudulent documents are submitted as part of a course application;
If the student withdraws their own VISA application;
If the student is expelled from Liverpool English Centre;
if the student provides less than one week’s notice to cancel.
A Part Refund or Course Credits may be provided where the personal circumstances of a student mean that a refund is appropriate – for example, if a student needs to return to their home country because of a serious illness or a death of a family member. Refunds of this type are at the absolute discretion of the school and there is no appeal process.
- For use on another course within a six-month period. After this period the credit expires.
- If the credit note is not used no refund will be paid.
- Credits are not transferable.
- If a credit note is used for a full course fee and the course fee has increased, the student will be expected to pay the difference.
- Refunds are given if Liverpool English Centre cancels a course.
- Liverpool English Centre will not be able to issue any refunds unless customers provide their correct bank account details.
- In all cases, requests should be submitted in writing with supporting documentation from.
General Refund Information
- Please note:
- ‘Part Refund’: in all cases a Part Refund means that any and all administration fees will be deducted from the agreed amount to be refunded and retained by Liverpool English Centre before any refund is made.
- ‘Family Member’: a Family Member means an immediate family member.
- Where a refund has been agreed we will normally only make the refund payment to the person who originally paid;
- Refunds will only be made by bank transfer;
- Any refund requested to be made to a non-UK based account will incur international transfer fees. These transfer fees must be met by the person requesting the refund. Liverpool English Centre will not process any refund payment request unless the person requesting the refund has agreed that such transfer fees are to be deducted from refund amount agreed and incurred by the recipient account.
- Liverpool English Centre cannot be held responsible for any financial loss as the result of international currency fluctuations and all transactions will be done on the basis of Great British Pounds (GBP).
- Refunds can only be processed following receipt of all documents required in support of a refund application.
Delays to bank transfers may occur for reasons outside of our control.
- Liverpool English Centre cannot be held responsible for any funds lost as the result of poor or incomplete information supplied by the student.
- Refunds may take up to 90 days to process from receipt of all necessary documents.
Refunds are not available over 1 year after a student has paid for a course.
- To request a refund:
- Fully complete the Refund Request Form. You can request this document by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have booked a course at Liverpool English Centre through an agent you must first contact the agent. The agent will then contact Liverpool English Centre and go through the above process on your behalf. This rule applies even if you are in England and studying at the school.
- All requests must be signed, dated and returned to Liverpool English Centre.
- Provide evidence of a reasonable cause for cancellation before the beginning of a course. e.g. the doctor, the employer etc., on headed notepaper. A cancellation fee from the full course fee will be deducted or credits provided according to the percentage of the lessons remaining when the request for the refund / credit was made.
- After the course starts there is no refund except in exceptional cases.
- Email scanned, legible copies of any documents you wish to submit in support of your refund claim to email@example.com
- Requests that do not comply with our terms & conditions below will be rejected.
- This policy also applies to all Liverpool English Centre examination candidates whether individually registered or sponsored by an organisation.
LEC’s objective is to open the gateway to your education.
Learn about our latest offers, events, courses and more …